1. INTRODUCTION This privacy notice sets out how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.deanguitars.co.uk, including any information you may provide through our site when you complete the contact form.
Christopher Dean is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). Contact Details Our full details are:
Full name: Christopher Dean
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 13 Langston Priory Workshop, Station Road, Kingham, Chipping Norton. Oxfordshire OX7 6UP
Telephone number: +(44) 01608 659013
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name, title, phone number.
- Contact Data may include your address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Communication Data may include any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, to respond to your enquiries and for record keeping.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods such as your name, title, business address, contact address, email address, phone number, contact details. We process this data to supply the goods you have requested and to keep records of such transactions.
- User Data that may include data about how you use our website and services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
- Technical Data may include information about your computer, (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths). We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; We may receive contact, financial and transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as PayPal.
4. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to: ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website. provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria. Some of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may make a small charge for this service if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you. If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.